Keto | Low Carb Cashew Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 3 people
Calories: 333.3 kcal
3 raw chicken thighs
2 tbsp coconut oil(for cooking)
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos
1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp green onions
1/4 medium white onion
Salt + Pepper
1. Heat a pan over low heat and toast the cashews for 8 minutes or until they start to lightly brown and become
fragrant. Remove and set aside.
2. Dice chicken thighs into 1 inch chunks. Cut onion and pepper into equally large chunks.
3. Increase heat to high and add canola oil to pan.
4. Once oil is up to temperature, add in the chicken thighs and allow them to cook through(about 5 minutes).
5. Once the chicken is fully cooked. Add in the pepper, onions, garlic, chili garlic sauce and seasonings(ginger, salt,
pepper). Allow to cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cashews. Cook on high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency, There should not be excess liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.
7. Serve in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil. Enjoy!