Sugar Free Low Carb- KETO Donuts
These low carb donuts taste just like the real thing, just without all the sugar and carbs! They are deliciously moist and spongy, with a hint of vanilla flavour. Perfect for Keto, sugar free and gluten free diets.
These sugar free donuts come in at exactly 1 net carb per donut, which makes them perfect not only for anyone who’s diabetic, living low carb or watching their sugar intake, but also for peeps on Keto. I sweetened them with granulated erythritol, which is a brilliant natural sugar alternative.
You could also use xylitol – some people find it has less of a cooling taste than erythritol. Xylitol is higher in carbs, so do take this into consideration if you need to. Also, when purchasing xylitol, look for a brand that extracts it from birch trees and not from GMO corn. This one is a good option.
As I find almond flour is rather filling – this is because it’s actually got nutritional value and contains plenty of healthy fats – , I decided to use a mini silicone donut pan as opposed to a regular size pan. You can use a larger mould if that’s what you have at home – simply increase the oven time by 5 minutes if they’re not done after 15 minutes.
I decided to go for a “sugar donut”, because that’s my favourite type (obviously I did not use real sugar, but erythritol). If you like, you could add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the bowl to make cinnamon “sugar”.
If you prefer donuts with a glaze, simply mix powdered erythritol with some double cream. Add a drop of vanilla for extra flavour.
Prep Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup / 100g almond flour ground almonds work as well
- 1/3 cup / 75g unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup / 50g granulated sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy / double cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
Melt the butter. In a bowl or with a food processor, blend the butter, cream and sweetener until smooth.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and blend until combined. Then add the almond flour and baking powder and mix.
Spoon the dough into a well-greased donut pan. I used a silicone mini donut pan. Do not overfill!
Bake ca 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
Roll in granulated sweetener. I used erythritol, but xylitol would work too.
- If you prefer a glaze, mix 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp double/heavy cream and 2 tbsp powdered sweetener with a couple of drops vanilla extract.
- The nutrition is calculated per DONUT.
- If you have a large DONUT, You should be able to make 6-7 donuts, depending on size.
- Increase the oven time if necessary by up to 5 minutes.
- For this Keto donuts recipe, the silicone mould really was perfect. I had no problem at all prising the donuts out of the mould. Check it out in the video below!