Prep Time20 minsCook Time8 minsRise Time1 hrTotal Time1 hr 28 mins
Course: Appetizer, Snack, StarterCuisine: CanadianKeyword: garlic, pizza Servings: garlic finger pizzas Calories: 1069kcal
For the dough:
- 2 Cups strong bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 Cup warm water hot to touch
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- Pinch salt
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Small bunch of fresh chopped parsley
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, instant yeast and sugar. Mix well to combine. Drizzle over the olive oil and just give a quick stir.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the warm water. Using a fork, start pulling the flour into the water until you have incorporated all the flour. If it seems too dry, add a little more water. The dough should be really sticky at this point.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and place on a clean and lightly floured surface. Lightly flour your hands and start kneading the dough. Flip and knead the dough until it’s soft, elastic and springs back when touched. This will take between 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about an hour or up to two hours until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a cast iron plate, pizza stone or baking steel in the oven on the lowest rack.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and form into balls. Place one ball of dough on a lightly floured surface and press down with your hands until you have a disk. Roll it out it about a 10 inch circle. Place it on a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, add the butter until it melts. Add the crushed garlic and salt. Cook for just a minute and remove from heat.
- Using half of the ingredients, brush the garlic butter over the dough, top with cheese and sprinkle with parsley. Transfer to the oven and cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until bubbly, golden and risen.
- Cut into strips using a pizza cutter and serve immediately.
- Repeat for other dough ball if using.
Rise time of the dough varies between 1 – 2 hours.Cooking time may vary between 6 – 10 minutes.
Cheese Garlic FingersAmount Per Serving (1 Garlic Finger Pizza)Calories 1069Calories from Fat 504% Daily Value*Fat 56g86%Saturated Fat 30g188%Cholesterol 150mg50%Sodium 1496mg65%Potassium 220mg6%Carbohydrates 100g33%Fiber 4g17%Sugar 3g3%Protein 39g78%Calcium 604mg60%Vitamin C 1mg1%Vitamin A 1466IU29%Iron 6mg33%