You’ve probably seen Mexican taco salad at restaurants before. In case you haven’t, it’s basically like an enormous Mexican taco in bowl form. No taco shell needed! Unlike most restaurant versions, my healthy taco salad is low carb and gluten-free.
Course Main Course, SaladCuisine MexicanCalories 332 kcalPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 10 minutesTotal Time 20 minutesAuthor Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.comServings servings
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Avocado oil (or any oil of choice)
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning (store-bought or home-made)
- 8 oz Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 1/3 cup Grape tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 medium Avocado (cubed)
- 1/2 cup Green onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add ground beef. Stir fry, breaking up the pieces with a spatula, for about 7-10 minutes, until the beef is browned and moisture has evaporated.
- Stir taco seasoning into the ground beef until well combined.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the ground beef. Toss everything together.
Nutrition information is estimated based on 85/15 ground beef and typical tomato salsa.
Serving size: 1/6 of entire recipe