Green Buttered Eggs From Morocco
This delightful recipe comes from Morocco having a robust flavor and very simple recipe. I wish I could let you smell the wonderful fragrance of the garlic as it sizzles in the butter, and then the green herbs as they add depth of flavor to the pan.
A Perfect Keto Paleo Meal
From a nutrition standpoint, this recipe has a great macro profile and value.
- Herbs like parsley and cilantro are full of vitamins and minerals and they are a great element to incorporate into your diet.
- Organic, pastured eggs provide lots of essential fatty acids, vitamins and protein.
- Pastured butter, contrary to mainstream belief, is a good fat and rich in vitamins and medium chain triglycerides.
- Cumin aids digestion and helps prevent cancer.
- Cayenne pepper also aids in digestion and has many more benefits: like being an anti-fungal, anti bacterial and cancer preventative.
- 2 tbs organic butter, preferably pastured
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 organic eggs (pastured is better)
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a non stick skillet ( I use non toxic ceramic) melt the butter and the coconut oil, for about a minute.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook on a low flame for about 3 minutes or until the garlic starts browning.
- At this point add the thyme and brown for about 30 seconds to a minute longer, don’t the garlic burn!
- Add the cilantro and parsley to the pan and cook on moderate flame for about 3 minutes, until starting to crisp.
- Add the eggs to the pan, cracking them straight in, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Now cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat to low.
- Cook for about 4 to 6 minutes until the yolks are set but still soft inside.
- If you like the yolks runny then cook only 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be accompanied by some breakfast sausage and easy grain free crackers.