yield: 8 SLICES prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 25 MINUTES total time: 35 MINUTES
This Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Hot Pocket is loaded with tender chicken, fresh broccoli and loads of cheese wrapped in a perfectly soft and fluffy crust! Each slice is about 3 net carbs! 4.9 Stars (7 Reviews)PRINT
For the Broccoli Cheddar Filling
- 2 cups fresh, uncooked broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Keto Crust
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Topping
- 1 egg white beaten for egg wash to brush on top
- Optional: Everything But the Bagel seasoning, flake salt or parsley
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments until cheese is completely melted.
Stir the cheese so they are combined.
- In a second smaller bowl combine the almond flour and baking powder. Mix the almond flour with the the melted cheeses.
- When the almond flour and cheese are nearly combined add in a beaten egg white and stir well
- Using your hands work the dough to make sure the egg white is completely worked into the dough (no streaks of egg whites visible) If the dough seems too wet just add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time until it feels right.
- Lay the dough on a silicone baking sheet. Place a second silicone baking sheet on top and spread the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Spread the filling along one end of the dough and using the silicone baking mat to help you carefully roll the dough so that the dough encases the filling. Pinch the ends together.
- Brush the egg white over the entire hot pocket and top with the seasonings if desired.
- Bake 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow the hot pocket to cool at least 5 minutes before slicing into 8 equal pieces.
YIELD: 8 slices SERVING SIZE: Nutrition Calculated Per Slice
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 269TOTAL FAT: 13.9gCHOLESTEROL: 78mgSODIUM: 359mgCARBOHYDRATES: 4.3gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 3.1gFIBER: 1.2gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 26g