Keto Chicken Enchiladas are super easy and a crave-worthy dinner great for any occasion. Perfect for eating low carb, these enchiladas are great to fulfill your Mexican craving!
- ▢1 recipe Keto Enchilada Sauce
- ▢10 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 2.5 pounds
- ▢3 cups shredded cheese cheddar, Colby, Monterey Jack, or a combination
- ▢8 low carb tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400. Put 2 tablespoons of the sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Top with the chicken. Spread an additional 2 tablespoons of sauce on top of the chicken thighs.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the chicken is at least 160 degrees. Let cool for 5 minutes and then shred the chicken. Discard the cooking liquid.
- Combine the slightly cool shredded chicken with half of the cheese. Divide between the tortillas. Roll each up and place in the casserole dish. Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Optional: broil for 2-3 minutes at the end to brown the cheese.
Nutrition: this recipe has 8 servings. Low carb tortillas are mostly fiber so don’t be deterred by the total carb count. When using store-bought tortillas that have 4 NET carbs each (such as Mission Carb Balance) one chicken enchilada will have 7 NET carbs.Substitutions: use any meat that you like, such as ground beef, rotisserie chicken, or ground turkey. To Reheat: warm the enchiladas in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Once they are hot, they are ready to eat. You can also heat them in the microwave. To Freeze: wrap each enchilada tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe airtight container, and they will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw before heating up.
Serving: 1enchilada | Calories: 431 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 1176mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 866IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 3mg