This easy dish has all the flavors of the classic cheesesteak sandwich. But there’s no bread added to keep it low-carb!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Course: Main Course
- ▢1 pound Shaved steak meat
- ▢1 teaspoon Steak seasoning
- ▢½ cup Sliced green bell pepper
- ▢½ cup Sliced red bell pepper
- ▢½ cup Sliced onion
- ▢2 tablespoon Olive oil
- ▢¾ cup Heavy whipping cream
- ▢3 ounces Cream cheese
- ▢1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese divided
- ▢Salt and pepper to taste
- ▢Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the shaved steak meat.
- Sprinkle the steak seasoning and salt and pepper to taste over the meat, and saute it until it is completely cooked through. Remove from the skillet, and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, and add in the onions and peppers.
- Season the veggies with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until just starting to become tender.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the heavy whipping cream, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the cream cheese melts, and the sauce thickens.
- Stir ½ cup of the shredded cheese into the sauce, and mix to combine.
- Place the meat and veggies in a well greased 9×9 baking dish, and pour the sauce over top, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is slightly browned and bubbling.
- Remove, let cook for a few minutes, top with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
Mushrooms and banana peppers can be added if desired.
You can also spoon the casserole servings onto keto bread slices for a more traditional flavor combination.
Calories: 526 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1525IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg