prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
For the Keto Pizza Crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
For the Pizza Filling
- 1 pound Italian Sausage, cooked and grease drained
- 1/2 cup low carb marinara
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball
- Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper, roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 12×9.
- Using a biscuit cutter, or the top of a mason jar, cut 12 circles and press them lightly into a silicone or greased muffin tin.
- In another bowl combine the cooked Italian sausage and marinara.
- Spoon the cooked sausage mixture into each cup and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
Be sure to use a low carb marinara such as Rao’s.
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: Nutrition Calculated Per Pizza Muffin
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 197TOTAL FAT: 10.9gCHOLESTEROL: 24.8mgSODIUM: 423mgCARBOHYDRATES: 3.8gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.7gFIBER: 1.1gSUGAR: 1.5g