Meatloaf stuffed Onions!!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 Yellow Onions (med-large)
- 1 Package of Bacon
- More BBQ Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crumbs, egg, milk, ½ cup BBQ, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Cut top and bottom off onion, cut in half and peel off skin. Then separate the onion into “layers”. Use the larger outside layers.
- Stuff your Meatloaf mix between two Onion Layers (essentially making an onion seal around a large meatball)
- Wrap each “bomb” with 3 slices bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake in a dish with sides (to catch grease) at 425 for approx 40 minutes or until internal temp 165.
- Add BBQ sauce all over and bake an additional 5 minutes!