This easy, low carb keto zuppa toscana soup recipe has a secret ingredient that’s just like potatoes! Plus, it’s rich and creamy, with just 10 minutes active prep time. Course Soup Cuisine Italian Calories 429 kcal Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 40 minutes
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 12 oz Ground Italian Sausage
- 6 slices Bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 medium Sweet onion (diced, ~3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups Rutabagas (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cups Curly kale (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream (coconut cream for whole30)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage for about 7-9 minutes, until cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan and set sausage aside.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat, add the sliced bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Drain any fat from dutch oven.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, rutabagas, salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, until rutabagas are tender.
- Add the chopped kale and return the sausage to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until kale is tender.
- Add the heavy cream and heat through.
Serving size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 11.1g
Net Carbs 8.8g