Low Carb Dessert | 2-Minute Keto Mug Cake
Mug cakes are made by pouring cake batter into a coffee mug, microwaving on high (typically for 1-2 minutes) and allowing to cool.
To make your mug cake low carb, sugar-free and gluten-free, you’ll need to swap out a few ingredients for your typical cake batter. Instead of making a cake with flour, sugar and melted butter, you’ll use a keto-friendly sweetener and low carb flour (while many recipes call for almond flour, you’ll use coconut in this one).
To make your keto mug cake, you’ll need these ingredients:
- Coconut oil
- Coconut flour
- Monk fruit sweetener
- One large egg
- Heavy cream (whipping cream)
You will also need a coffee mug, two bowls and a microwave.
Make a Single-Serving, Low Carb Dessert
If you enjoy this keto mug cake recipe, feel free to make it your own. Sprinkle in a few sugar-free chocolate chips on top, add half a teaspoon of cocoa powder to make it a chocolate cake, or add a little almond butter and dark chocolate for a peanut butter chocolate mug cake.
You should enjoy being on the keto diet. You don’t need to give up your favorite foods or sweet treats, you simply need to make a few swaps in ingredients. But when this recipe takes just two minutes to cook, you might devour this cake before the other recipes stand a chance.
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- In a ceramic mug, microwave coconut oil until melted, about 20 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk until well-combined.
- In a separate small bowl, add wet ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Microwave mixture in 30 second increments for about 90 seconds total (total time may vary depending on the strength of your microwave).
- Allow mug cake to cool slightly before enjoying.