Yield: 6 meal-sized servings; 12 appetizer servings
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- (10 ounce) baguettes
- 2 cups of homemade or store-bought pizza sauce (or you can use a thick marinara sauce like Newman’s Own Marinara Sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you’d like)
- Your favorite pizza toppings (I used 4 ounces of Applegate uncured turkey pepperoni and some sliced mini bell peppers.)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning, to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder, to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
Make It Now
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Slice each baguette lengthwise. To do this, place your hand firmly on the top of the baguette. Use a sharp, serrated bread knife to saw back and forth from one end of the loaf to the other, so you end up with two even halves. Place the halves crust side down on a lined sheet pan.
- Spread marinara/pizza sauce evenly over the baguettes.
- Top evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Next add your desired toppings, such as uncured pepperonis, thinly sliced or finely diced bell peppers, spinach, or cooked and crumbled bacon.
- End with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, a little Italian seasoning, and a sprinkling of garlic powder over the top of each one. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden on top.
- Slice into individual portions and serve hot.
Freeze For Later: Assemble the pizza bread through Step 6, but do not bake. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and one or two layers of foil. Freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, unwrap, and bake as directed. Or unwrap and bake directly from frozen, until cheese is melted and it’s warmed through. It will take 10+ extra cooking minutes if the pizza bread is still frozen.
Calories Per Serving: 365
% DAILY VALUE
19%Total Fat 14.6g
13%Total Carbohydrate 36.1g
10%Dietary Fiber 2.9g