yield: 32 BITES prep time: 15 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES 18 SECONDS total time: 35 MINUTES 18 SECONDS
These Egg and Cheese Keto Sausage Balls are the perfect low-carb, grab and go, Keto-friendly breakfast option! Perfect for an easy meal prep breakfast!4.5 Stars (677 Reviews)PRINT
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain off any excess fat, and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled, add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left. (It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step).
- Stir in cheese, eggs, coconut flour and baking powder.
- When the mixture is well incorporated, allow it to chill for 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour continues to absorb moisture so if it seems to runny it won’t be. Skipping this step and not chilling the dough will result in flat bites, not balls like you see in the photos.
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites on the tray,
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SERVING SIZE: Nutrition per bite
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 79TOTAL FAT: 5.9gCHOLESTEROL: 38.5mgSODIUM: 126mgCARBOHYDRATES: 1.2gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 0.7gFIBER: 0.5gSUGAR: 0.4gPROTEIN: 5g