Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 6 people
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Gruyère
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, (or dried Italian mixed herbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- Salt, to season
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a medium bowl, toss together Mozzarella, Gruyère, Parmesan, parsley, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Remove stems from portobello mushrooms and slice into 1/2-inch (1-cm) slices.
- Arrange one-third of mushrooms in the bottom of a 2-quart (2-litre) baking dish. Sprinkle with one-third of the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layering two more times.
- Mix together cream and minced garlic and pour mixture over mushrooms.
- Cover with foil and bake until mushrooms are tender, (about 30 minutes). Remove foil and carefully pour out excess liquid from the bottom of the dish into a small pot. Set pot aside.
- Return mushrooms to the oven and broil/grill until golden, (about 4-5 minutes).
LIQUID GRAVY (OPTIONAL STEP)
- Bring mushroom pan juices in the pot to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water and whisk in cornstarch mixture until fully combined.
- Continue to simmer while stirring until gravy has thickened.
- Serve with mushrooms.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g