When I was growing up, my favorite baked treats were always the ones made with bananas. And lucky for me, even though I try to only eat healthy snacks these days, quite a few classic foods can be made healthier by swapping in bananas as an ingredient. Things like ice cream, pancakes, and waffles can all be made quite easily with bananas. But above all of them, there’s one classic treat that was always my go to — banana bread. And now that I’ve found this recipe for what is quite possibly the best keto banana nut bread ever, I might never bake anything else again for the rest of my life.
How To Make Banana Nut Bread Ever
4 medium ripe bananas
2 cups almond flour
4 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (walnuts)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, pinch of salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a food processor place the bananas and process until smooth.
- Add the eggs and process until well combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and orange zest and pulse to combine.
- Add in the almond flour mixture and pulse until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with walnuts (if using).
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Carbohydrates:13.4 g
- Fat:12.1 g
- Sugar:11 g
- Protein:11.1 g