Craving holiday chocolates? These delicious keto chocolate coconut balls have the perfect crack of sugar-free chocolate into super soft creamy coconut centers.
yield: 20prep time: 15 MINUTE Scook time: 10 MINUTES total time: 25 MINUTES
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener, (such as Swerve Confectioners)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp powdered sweetener, (such as Swerve Confectioners)
- 1/2 oz cocoa butter (or 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- Take a small saucepan and heat heavy cream to almost a simmer, but do not boil. Whisk in the powdered sweetener and then the coconut. Turn off the heat, stir in the extract, and let it sit for 15 minutes so the coconut can absorb the liquid.
- Form coconut mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking pan. Place in freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate coating, put 5 oz of chopped unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, and powdered sweetener in a double boiler or bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir constantly until completely melted and mixed together.
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer. Place one on a fork and dip it in the chocolate mixture to coat thoroughly. Shake the excess chocolate back in the bowl and place the coated coconut ball on the baking tray to set. Repeat with all coconut balls.
- Return to the freezer to set for 10 minutes then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or a month in the freezer.
Servings 20.0 Amount Per Serving: 1 ball Calories: 120 Total Fat 11 g Saturated Fat 5 g Monounsaturated Fat 0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 16 mg Sodium 4 mg Potassium 0 mg Total Carbohydrate 3 g Dietary Fiber 2 g Sugars 0 g Protein 1 g Net Carbohydrate 1 g