Low Carb No Bake Lemon Mousse Pie
This Sugar Free Lemon Mousse Pie is the perfect, light and decadent dessert. With a delicious nutty crust and a light and airy mousse center, this pie will be a huge crowd pleaser!
Course: brunch, Dessert, treat
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
- ▢For the crust:
- ▢2 cups almond flour
- ▢½ cup chopped pecans
- ▢⅓ cup powdered sugar free sweetener
- ▢8 tablespoons melted butter
- ▢For the filling:
- ▢1 ⅓ cup cold heavy whipping cream
- ▢8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- ▢¾ cup powdered sugar free sweetener
- ▢½ cup lemon juice
- ▢sugar free whipped topping optional, if desired
- Finely chop pecans.
- Chill a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before preparing filling (this helps keep the mixture cool).
- Place chopped pecans and almond flour in a skillet. Heat over medium heat stirring frequently until golden brown. This takes about 10 minutes for the flour and nuts to be toasted and golden.
- Mix toasted flour, powdered Swerve, and melted butter in a medium size bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Whip cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in powdered Swerve and whip until smooth. Add in heavy cream and continue whipping on medium/high until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Add in lemon juice and continue to whip on medium until well incorporated.
- Spread in prepared crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Slice into 8 pieces and serve with a dollop of sugar free whipped topping if desired.
Keep any leftovers covered and refrigerated or freeze until ready to eat.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1318IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg