PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME12 minutes
TOTAL TIME17 minutes
- 4 small chicken breast
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped, seeded fresh jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
- In a small bowl combine the chopped jalapeños, cheddar cheese, and softened cream cheese, and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast lengthwise so that the breast folds open (be sure not to slice all the way through)
- BE SURE NOT TO OVERFILL. Spread the cheddar mixture on one side of the chicken and fold the other side over, secure with a toothpick.
- Lightly spray or brush the outside of the chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle the taco seasoning on each side of the chicken.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a single layer (you may have to do this in batches) in the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes. Check the internal temperature and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Every air fryer cooks differently and cooking times are estimates. Remember to use a meat thermometer and remove the chicken breasts when they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.