This is best low carb peanut butter cake you’ll ever taste! With a moist crumb and delicious peanut butter flavor, you will love it with chocolate frosting…who doesn’t love a chocolate & peanut butter combo? Your friends and family would never guess that this cake is sugar free, gluten free and low carb…let alone healthy for them!
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1/2 cup Monkfruit Golden sweetener (see notes for other sweetener options)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mineral salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons black cocoa powder (regular cocoa powder will work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet (or about 1/4 cup of Monkfruit powdered sweetener)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cake, in large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together Greek yogurt, eggs vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Add almond flour, peanut flour, monkfruit, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour into a glass 8×8 greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Frosting: Mix all frosting ingredients together with hand mixer until smooth and creamy. It may take a couple minutes of mixing to thicken.
Frost cake and eat! (The cake gets even better after being in the fridge for several hours or overnight.)
Place leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you want to make a substitution for anything from Greek yogurt to almond flour to the sweetener, read over the blog post! It should all be mentioned there.
recipes need to be printable