Cheesy keto Meatball Casserole
This Cheesy Keto Meatball Casserole is delicious and super filling with homemade meatballs topped with creamy ricotta cheese, mozzarella and parmesan for the perfect low carb meal your whole family will enjoy!
Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Total Time: 45 mins
For the meatballs:
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the casserole:
- 3 cups marinara sauce or 1 (24 oz) jar favorite marinara (I prefer Rao’s)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the meatballs: In a large bowl combine ground beef, cheeses, egg, onion, garlic, parsley and seasonings, mixing well. Use a cookie scoop to form the meatballs so they are all the same size, rolling them around in your hands, and arrange on a baking dish or cookie sheet. You should get about 15 to 16 large meatballs.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until fully cooked. Remove meatballs, draining any excess grease, and arrange cooked meatballs in a baking dish.
- Pour marinara sauce evenly over the meatballs and spoon ricotta cheese on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
- SERVING SIZE: 3 MEATBALLS + SAUCE/CHEESE
- CALORIES: 508
- SUGAR: 4.4 G
- SODIUM: 898 MG
- FAT: 29.3 G
- SATURATED FAT: 11.9 G
- CARBOHYDRATES: 7.7 G
- FIBER: 1.1 G
- PROTEIN: 50.8 G