for 3 servings
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups flour(250 g)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumb(230 g)
- 1 cup oil(240 mL), for frying
- 1 large baguette
- 10 slices mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup butter(75 g), melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Slice the chicken breast into ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) thick strips.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into 3 separate bowls.
- Roll a chicken strip in the flour, dusting off excess. Dip the strip into the egg, then place into the bread crumbs, coating it completely.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Fry the breaded chicken strips until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Slice the baguette into thirds or fourths (each baguette piece should be roughly the same length of the fried chicken strips).
- Hollow out the insides of the baguette pieces with a knife.
- Lay two slices of mozzarella on top of each other with a 1 inch (2 ½ cm) overlap. Place a chicken strip on the overlapping region, then fold the mozzarella tightly around the chicken.
- Push the rolled chicken strips into a baguette piece.
- Slice the stuffed baguette pieces into 1 inch (2 ½ cm) slices, then place them tightly side-by-side on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for garlic butter.
- Brush the garlic butter evenly over the baguette slices, making sure some drips in between the slices.
- Wrap the foil over the re-assembled baguette and bake for 20–25 minutes, until cheese is melted and the top is starting to brown.
- Remove the foil and serve with marinara!
- Nutrition Calories: 2689 Fat: 170 grams Carbs: 221 grams Fiber: 12 grams Sugars: 17 grams Protein: 67 grams