Cream puffs so yummy and with Whipped Cream and a Chocolate Ganache heavenly! This easy cream puffs recipe takes only 1 hour from start to finish. I’m making these Great Puffs again this week 😋!
YOU’LL NEED :
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1 cup boiling water
– 1 cup pre-sifted all purpose flour
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 4 unbeaten eggs
– 1 cup of whipping cream
– 1 to 2 tbsp of sugar
– 1 tsp of cornstarch
– 1/2 tsp of vanilla
– 1 cup of chocolate (dark, bittersweet, mmmm..), chopped
– 1 tbsp of corn syrup
– 1/3 cup of whipping cream
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. Make sure to first preheat your oven to 375F.
2. Pick a saucepan, combine together butter and water and bring to a boil. Next add flour and salt all at once and beat vigorously until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Once done, remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. You can add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth after adding each egg. Please beat mixture until glossy.
4. Okay now drop batter (or pipe) from a spoon onto a greased baking sheet, each one spaced at least 2″ apart. At that point, bake until light and dry, about 30 to 40 mins and then let cool completely.
5. Remember to cut the cream puffs in half horizontally, and remove any excess soft dough left in the middle. So that the filling can be added, it should be hollow. It’s wise to leave this extra dough in there for the lazies out there. And yes, stuff and top the cream puffs right before serving.
6. To make the filling, you should beat whipping cream, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla together over high heat until stiff peaks. Immediately fill the cream puffs and close like a sandwich. Otherwise, you can stuff with other flavours like chocolate.
7. To make the chocolate ganache, be sure to melt chocolate, corn syrup and whipping cream together over medium-low heat. Afterwards, top over stuffed cream puffs.
It should make 20ish large cream puffs, but may need to double or triple the filling to fill them all at once.