yield: 8 prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 30 MINUTES total time: 40 MINUTES
This Easy Sicilian Chicken Soup is loaded with tender chicken, bell peppers, onion, carrots and tomatoes. Each generous serving is about 8 net carbs each making it a perfect, low carb comfort food!4.3 Stars (3 Reviews)PRINT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs or breast, cut into small chunks
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot to medium heat.
Add the olive oil, garlic, onion, bell pepper, celery and carrots. Sauté the vegetables for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, chicken broth, spices and chicken.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer over low and cover.
- Allow the soup to cook 30 minutes covered.
- Just before serving remove the chicken and shred, add back to the soup and serve with fresh parmesan, salt and pepper.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 153TOTAL FAT: 5.4gCHOLESTEROL: 56mgSODIUM: 544mgCARBOHYDRATES: 11.3gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 8.8gFIBER: 2.5gSUGAR: 5.6gPROTEIN: 14.6g