An old Southern favorite turned Keto! Light and fluffy biscuits smothered with creamy sausage gravy, you would not believe they are Low Carb!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
For the Biscuits
- ▢1 ½ cups Almond Flour
- ▢2 eggs, beaten
- ▢½ cup Sour Cream
- ▢4 tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter, melted
- ▢½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ▢1 teaspoon swerve confectioners, or powdered erythritol
- ▢1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ▢½ teaspoon baking soda
For the Gravy
- ▢1 pound uncured breakfast sausage, crumbled
- ▢½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ▢1 cup heavy cream
- ▢½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ▢¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ▢Salt and pepper to taste
For the Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, Swerve and baking soda to a bowl and mix using a hand whisk.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter and mix until combined. Add in the cheese and continue mixing. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the biscuit mix into silicone muffin pan liners (or spray a non-stick muffin pan with non-stick spray) and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden.
For the Sausage Gravy
- Add the sausage to a large frying pan and cook over medium heat. Once the sausage is cooked through, add in the mascarpone cheese and melt it. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the gravy has thickened nicely.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly before cutting them open. Once slightly cooled, slice the biscuits in half and pour some of the sausage gravy over the top.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
If you use a smaller pan, the gravy will not thicken up as quickly, so extend the cooking time a few more minutes.
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Amount Per Serving
Calories 543Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 18g113%