Introducing the Keto Breakfast Burrito. Searching for breakfast while on a keto diet can sometimes be very difficult. Love when describing a classic “Josh Elkin“ breakfast item and it possesses everything you know. Ground sausage, bacon, and cheesy eggs. Instead of a flour or corn tortilla, here’s the kicker, this recipe uses a full mozzarella cheese blanket as the tortilla.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup /8 oz of cooked ground sausage
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- For the cheese blanket (tortilla)
- To medium heat, heat a non stick frying pan(large). Add half the mozzarella(shredded) and so the cheese is covering the entire surface, spread evenly.
- Until the cheese is easily removable from the pan and the edges of the cheese start to crips, continue to fry. Place on a piece of parchment and put it aside.
- With the eggs and chives, combine the shredded cheddar cheese and whisk. Add of (½ teaspoon)pepper and salt.
- To a medium pan, add ONE tbsp. of butter. Add the egg and cheese mixture to the pan when the butter is melted, and cook periodically mixing the contents of the pan. Put eggs aside.
- To the center of the cheese blanket, add half the sausage. On top of the sausage followed by the bacon, add half the eggs.
- Fold each side of the cheese inward. With the opposite side creating a pocket, roll the burrito.
- Enjoy your Keto creation!
KETO BREAKFAST BURRITO
Yield: 1, Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: 496 Calories
18.8g Total Carbs
7.5g Net Carbs