These Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos only have three ingredients, can be made in under 10 minutes and have nearly no carbs!
We are easing right into the new year with the easiest recipe ever. These tasty Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos can be prepared in just a few minutes and have nearly no carbs. This is a recipe that is easy to customize based on your preferences, perfect for busy nights!
You can enjoy these homemade taquitos as an appetizer or as a main. If serving them as a main dish, I recommend pairing them with a salad, maybe a great dip, cauliflower rice, or another favorite side dish.
The chicken and cheese taquitos get dunked straight into buffalo sauce, but they also taste great in ranch. Or a mixture of the two, whatever you prefer!
Ingredients for Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
This keto chicken taquitos recipe is so simple I am not even sure it qualifies as an actual recipe. You only need three ingredients to make these easy and delicious Buffalo Chicken Taquitos:
- Slices of Mozzarella Cheese
- Grilled or Shredded Chicken
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch (optional)
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
Homemade chicken taquitos are so easy to make, keto or not! Here are the basic steps to making these chicken and cheese taquitos:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. I use this one, it comes in a set of 2 and I’ve used them for years. It is what I cook these Keto Sausage Rolls on and they never ever stick!
- Place the mozzarella slices on the silicone baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes.
- When the edges have browned and the cheese is bubbly, remove from the oven. Allow them to cool about 1 minute, just so they cool enough you can handle, but still very pliable.
- Place the cooked chicken on the edge of one slice and tightly roll them up, seam side down.
- Serve with buffalo sauce and ranch!
Can I Use Another Type of Cheese?
Yes! You can use any type of cheese you prefer. This method will work just fine for cheddar, provolone or pepper jack. However, I really like the mozzarella because it has such a mild flavor that it doesn’t over power the dish.
The cooking time may vary slightly depending on the cheese you use. For example, the moisture content, thickness of the slices, if your oven is convection or not, and how many times you open it during cooking all can effect the cooking time. So, my suggested cooking time is 5-7 minutes, but keep an eye on these the first few times you bake them.
How Many Net Carbs Are in Keto Taquitos?
Hardly any! For this recipe, I consider a serving size three taquitos and one tablespoon buffalo sauce so as written this recipe serves two. This comes to less that 1 net carb per serving. You read that right, less than 1 net carb for three delicious buffalo chicken taquitos!
If you use a low-carb ranch dressing, this will add a small amount of additional net carbs (usually 2 to 3 per 2 tablespoons depending on the brand you use). So you can easily indulge on three taquitos, complete with dipping sauce for about 3 net carbs!
Tips for Making Keto Taquitos
Here are a few of my tips and tricks for making these keto chicken taquitos:
- Use store-bought shredded rotisserie chicken to make the chicken and cheese taquitos, or prep a batch of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken ahead of time.
- I opted to roll the taquitos with just plain chicken inside them and then dunk them into buffalo sauce, but you’re welcome to toss the shredded chicken with some buffalo sauce and then roll them up.
- Note that I used Sargento mozzarella slices to make this recipe. They contain almost no carbs and that’s what I based the nutritional information on.
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded or grilled chicken
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce for dipping
- low carb ranch dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place the cheese slices evenly on the mat.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until the outside edges are browned and crisp. (watch video)
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool 1-2 minutes.
- Place chicken on one end of the cheese slice and tightly roll, seam side down.
- Serve with buffalo sauce and low carb ranch.
This is my favorite way to grill chicken for recipes like this and this is my go to my shredded chicken
SERVING SIZE: 3 taquitos
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 390TOTAL FAT: 21.7gCARBOHYDRATES: 0.3gFIBER: 0.2gPROTEIN: 43.3g