I often feel very lucky to be a food blogger with a very specific niche, because I have to deal with far less one-upmanship than conventional food bloggers. I don’t have to worry about out-doing my fellow bloggers and taking my recipes beyond the beyond. It’s enough for me to take simpler ideas and execute them well, as people on a low carb diet are usually just glad to have their old favourites recreated in a form that meets their dietary needs.
Prep Time10 minsCook Time25 minsCooling Time15 minsTotal Time50 mins
Low carb chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a skillet for one amazing gooey dessert. Gluten and sugar free!Course: DessertCuisine: DessertServings: 1 large cookieCalories: 234 kcalIngredients
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cups shredded coconut or more almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tsp Yacon syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ounces sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F and lightly grease a 10-inch oven-proof skillet (does not need to be cast-iron).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in sweetener and Yacon syrup, if using.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Beat in almond flour mixture until well combined, then stir in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Spread dough in prepared skillet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until light golden brown. Cookie will be very soft and puffed when removed from oven (it won’t seem cooked through).
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving. When warm, it will not come out in proper pieces so you will need scoop it out to serve onto plates. It will continue to firm up as it cools so if you want to serve it in pieces, let it cool completely before cutting. I recommend it warm for extra gooey-ness!
Serves 10. Each serving has 8 g of carbs and 3 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 5 g.
234 Calories; 22g Fat (79.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium.Nutrition FactsSkillet Chocolate Chip Cookies – Low Carb and Gluten-FreeAmount Per Serving (1 /10th of cookie)Calories 234Calories from Fat 198% Daily Value*Fat 22g34%Carbohydrates 8g3%Fiber 3g12%Protein 4g8%