Course: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanKeyword: cinnamon twists, keto cinnamon twists Prep Time: 25 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes Servings: 10 twists Calories: 153kcal
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup butter cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Brown
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ – 1 tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking mat with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and baking powder. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the cheese and butter. Melt on high in 30 second increments until it can be stirred together. (Alternatively, you can melt the cheese and butter in a saucepan over low heat).
- All at once, add the almond flour mixture, egg, and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Use a rubber spatula to really knead the dough up against the sides of the bowl. It will still have some large streaks of cheese.
- Turn the dough onto a silicone mat or directly onto a kitchen counter and knead until uniform. If the dough is quite sticky, work in another tablespoon or two of almond flour as you knead it.
- Cover the dought with parchment paper and roll out to a 10×10 inch square.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetener and cinnamon. Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter, then sprinkle with about two thirds of the cinnamon mixture.
To make the twists
- Use a knife or offset spatual to gently loosen the dough from the silicone mat. Fold the dough over in half and cut into 10 strips with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Hold both ends of one strip and twist gently in opposite directions two or three times. Lay the twists on the prepared baking sheet and brush with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon “sugar”.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sweetener, vanilla extract and just enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled twists
Nutrition Facts Keto Cinnamon TwistsAmount Per Serving (1 twist)Calories 153Calories from Fat 110% Daily Value*Fat 12.2g19%Carbohydrates 3.7g1%Fiber 1.7g7%Protein 6.2g12%