Tips and Tricks for the Best Keto Jalapeno Poppers
Most importantly, be careful when slicing and seeding jalapenos! It’s best to use gloves when working with jalapeno seeds and be careful not to touch your eyes or nose.
Do not overfill the filling, remember that it will expand and the peppers will shrink.
Use thin slices of bacon if available. Unless you gently stretch the thick-cut bacon before you cut your pepper and wrap it around.
If you wrap the bacon seam-side down, you may not need a toothpick, but feel free to use them if you feel you need it to keep the bacon secure.
- 6 large fresh jalapeno peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 slices of bacon (see notes below)
- Slice the peppers carefully. Remove and discard the seeds and membranes from the pepper. Be careful not to touch your eyes when working with peppers.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, scallions, worcestershire, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Stuff a spoonful of each pepper slice.
- Wrap half a slice of bacon around each popper and secure with toothpicks.
Oven Method: Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Air Fryer Method: Place in an air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until bacon is crispy. Depending on the size of the fryer, you may need to do this in batches.
Grill: Heat a grill to medium-high heat (about 400 degrees F). Place the poppers on the grill and reduce the heat to medium (between 350-375 degrees F) and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.