These keto sausage balls are a simple and delicious keto appetizer that takes minutes to make! No Bisquick and no grains needed, they are cheesy, slightly sweet, and are ready in 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 1 minuteCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 11 minutesServings: 6 servings
- 1 lb ground pork or ground sausage * See notes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup keto maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 210C/425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients, except for the green onions, and pulse several times until fully incorporated. Add the green onions and pulse twice until combined.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop out equal size portions of the sausage ball mixture. Use your hands to shape them into balls and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the sausage balls for 7-10 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160C.
- Remove the sausage balls from the oven and serve immediately.
TO STORE: Sausage balls will keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
TO FREEZE: Place leftover sausage balls in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
REHEATING: Either microwave them in 20-second spurts until warm, in a preheated oven, or in the air fryer.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 338mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 398IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 358mg | Iron: 3mg | NET CARBS: 4g