yield: 10 prep time: 15 MINUTES cook time: 15 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
The perfect keto appetizer! Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Pinwheels are made with fat head dough and loaded with sausage and cream cheese! Just two net carbs per serving!4.4 Stars (129 Reviews)PRINT
- 2 cups shredded mozzarealla cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- For the Filling:
- 1/2 pound cooked breakfast sausage, drained
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- For the Rolls:
- In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Add the almond flour and ground flax meal.
- Mix the dough well until you have a soft ball
- Between two silicone baking mats or parchment paper roll the dough into a rectangle roughly 12×9.
- For the filling:
- Combine the sausage and cream cheese.
- Spread the sausage cream cheese mixture evenly on the dough.
- Starting at one end roll the dough as tightly as you can into a log.
- Slice into rolls about the width of two fingers, be careful not to slice them too thick because it will be difficult for the dough in the center to cook through.
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
These are great with breakfast sausage or switch things up by using Italian sausage!
YIELD: 10 SERVING SIZE: 1 roll
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 203TOTAL FAT: 16.5gCARBOHYDRATES: 2.7gFIBER: 0.6gPROTEIN: 12.4g