A flavorful, creamy sauce and warm spices make these keto Swedish meatballs taste like authentic ones, all with no flour, quick prep, and just 2g net carbs.
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 45 minutes
TOTAL: 1 hour
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 1/2 oz Pork rinds (crushed, ~1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 large Egg
- 3 tbsp Onion (grated, optional)
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Beef bone broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 4 oz Cream cheese (cut into small chunks)
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- a large bowl, stir together the pork rinds, salt, pepper, allspice, and nutmeg, if using.
- Whisk in the 1/4 cup (59 mL) heavy cream, egg, and grated onion, if using.
- Mix in the ground beef just until incorporated. Do not overmix, or else meatballs may come out tough.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding, fry meatballs for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove the meatballs to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the sauté pan with a paper towel. Add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the beef bone broth and 1/2 cup (118 mL) heavy cream. Increase heat to high to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until volume is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low, so that the sauce is no longer simmering. Stir in the cream cheese, until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, thin out with more cream and/or broth as needed.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and coat in sauce.
Serving size: 6 small meatballs with sauce
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.