yield: 8 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 1 HOUR total time: 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- Seeking Good Eats taco seasoning mix (HERE)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated jack cheese (mozzarella is fine too)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 13 x 9 casserole dish with olive oil, butter, or nonstick spray.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini.
- Place zucchini in the baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes until zucchini are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While zucchini are baking, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken until done (chicken is done when it is no longer pink).
- Mix in Seeking Good Eat’s Copy Cat Taco Seasoning mix (HERE) with water, stirring until combined.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, queso fresco, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup of the jack cheese to the cooked chicken. Stir until combined and cream cheese is melted.
- Cover and keep mixture warm until zucchini are done baking.
Assemble and Bake
- Once zucchini are done baking, remove from oven and spoon warm chicken mixture into each boat.
- Top with remaining green enchilada sauce and then the remaining 1 cup of jack cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings – sour cream, salsa verde, avocado, and cilantro are my favorites!
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 352TOTAL FAT: 26gSATURATED FAT: 11gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 12gCHOLESTEROL: 108mgSODIUM: 551mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 5gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 4gPROTEIN: 23g