Low Carb Chocolate Lasagna is a great sugar-free chocolate dessert made with a chocolate cookie base, cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding and whipped cream. This large dessert is great for gatherings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 recipe Low Carb Chocolate Pastry Cream
CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST
- 2 cups almond flour (180 g)
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut (90 g)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (25 g) (sifted)
- 1/4 cup low carb sugar (Sukrin :1, Swerve, Lakanto, Besti)
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream (16 oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, powdered
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
LIGHTENED CREAM CHEESE
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar free powdered sugar (Sukrin, Swerve, Lakanto, Besti)
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 1/2 cup whipped cream to be folded in
- 4 squares Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie (grated)
- Make the Chocolate Pudding: Prepare the Low Carb Chocolate Pastry Cream and let it cool before continuing. *This can be made several days before.
- Make the Chocolate Cookie Crust: Grind the unsweetened coconut, 1/2 cup at a time, in a coffee/spice grinder until fine in texture. Put the ground coconut into a medium bowl and add the sweetener, cocoa, and almond flour. Whisk together to combine. Melt the butter or coconut oil and pour over the ingredients. Combine to form a moist crumbly mixture.
- Dump the ingredients into a 13×9 inch glass pyrex baking dish and lay a sheet of waxed paper over the mixture. First with your hands, then with a flat bottomed glass, press the chocolate crust mixture firmly into the dish. Remove the waxed paper and continue with the recipe or *bake in a preheated (350) oven for about 10 minutes and then let cool completely. *This can be made the day before.
- ASSEMBLING THE LOW CARB CHOCOLATE LASAGNA:
- Make the Whipped Cream: Whip the cream with the vanilla and sweeteners until stiff.
- Cream Cheese Layer: Soften the cream cheese in the microwave and then using a hand mixer, whip it with the sweeteners and almond milk until nice and light. Adding 1/2 cup of whipped cream at a time, fold 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream into the cream cheese. Spread evenly over the base and refrigerate.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer: With a hand mixer, whip the cold pudding. Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Whipped Cream Topping: Carefully, spread the remaining whipped cream over the chocolate pudding layer and refrigerate several hours.
- To finish the dessert, grate chocolate or sift cocoa powder over the top.
This is a VERY large dessert and easily serves 16-24 people.
***NOTE: Baking the bottom layer produces a shortbread-cookie-like texture: not baking, produces a sandier and softer textured bottom layer***
Low Carb Chocolate Lasagna Sugar-free Dessert (no-bake)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 387Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 39g | Fiber: 3g