PREP TIME5 mins COOK TIME15 mins TOTAL TIME20 mins COURSE chicken dinner, dinner CUISINE American, entree chickenSERVINGS4CALORIES420 kcal
- 1 ½ lb chicken thighs or breasts skinless boneless (about 4 to 5 pieces)
- 2 slices uncooked bacon chopped
- 1 ½ cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt divided
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Thickener: 3 ounces cream cheese, softened For keto version, or for *paleo version use- 2 teaspoon arrowroot powder + 1 tablespoon butter (mashed together with a fork
- Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat sear chicken in the 1 tablespoon oil for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate and set aside (will return to the pan later).
- In the same pan used for the chicken, over medium heat, fry chopped bacon until slightly browning.Add 1 tablespoon butter, melt and add minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Stir and saute until mushrooms are browned and softened.
- Add chicken broth, dried thyme & ¼ teaspoon salt to the pan and stir.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring liquid in the pan to bubbling. Add cream cheese and melt & stir into the sauce until sauce thickens & turn the heat back to medium. *For Paleo: add the arrowroot & butter mixture to the pan & stir and melt arrowroot butter into the sauce over medium to medium-high heat until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Place chicken back in the pan with mushroom sauce, cover and turn the heat down to low & simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked. Plate chicken and pour some of mushroom bacon gravy over the chicken.
Serving: 1chicken thigh with ¼ of the sauce and mushroomsCalories: 420kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 25gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 478mgFiber: 0gSugar: 1g