There is nothing quite like these buttery rosemary rolls. They are fantastically low in carbs too – each roll only has 4g net carbs.
Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs to cook with. It has a slightly minty flavor with peppery tones. That’s why I used it in savory dishes like my cauliflower stuffing or creamy mushroom soup.
When you add rosemary to dinner rolls, it takes an already delicious recipe and elevates it to gourmet status. Instead of just a delicious garlic butter roll, now you have multiple levels of flavors dancing around on your tastebuds.
Please remember to use fresh rosemary. Dried rosemary won’t have nearly the same flavorsome or peppery taste as the fresh herb does. Plus, when you try to use dried rosemary, it has a really crispy texture that distracts from the soft rolls.
KETO DINNER ROLLS
These keto dinner rolls go with almost anything you can make. The garlic butter in the rolls is the same as these chicken thighs and asparagus, so they are the best main course to serve with them. Or serve them with these low-carb chicken foil packets. It’s a super easy dinner idea.
There really isn’t a type of meat that is best with the rolls. I love to serve them if I am making something with gravy or sauce. I use the rolls to pick up the sauce from the plate. It’s lip-smackingly delicious.
FATHEAD DOUGH ROLLS
Have you heard of fathead dough? I’ve used it before to make a low-carb pizza crust. It’s a gluten-free and low-carb keto dough made with mozzarella, cream cheese, egg, and a low-carb flour. It comes out nice and soft and can even be toasted for a crispier bread.
It’s commonly used in keto pizza dough recipes, but you can use this basic combination to make pretzels and dinner rolls too.
THE BEST KETO DINNER ROLLS
One bite and you’ll agree, these are the best keto dinner rolls you have ever made! I used my cast iron skillet to make them. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, get one. They are super-versatile. I’ve used mine to make everything from teriyaki salmon to keto chocolate chip cookies.
If you want to make a huge batch, they are freezer-friendly too. Just place the cooked dinner rolls in a single layer on a baking sheet. Then, place the baking sheet in the freezer. Once the rolls are completely frozen, you can place them in a resealable freezer-safe food storage bag.
They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Store cooked dinner rolls at room temperature for no longer than a few hours. I suggest keeping them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Keep the air off of them and put them in an airtight container or bag.
These low-carb dinner rolls are really versatile too. Not only are they amazing as a dinner side, but you can enjoy them at breakfast or lunch, too.
For breakfast, just place some eggs and bacon in the middle and you have a low-carb breakfast sandwich. Use the rolls as keto-friendly bread and make a sandwich. Or just eat them with your favorite chicken salad. There are so many options.
SKILLET KETO GARLIC BUTTER ROSEMARY ROLLS RECIPE
Here’s the list of ingredients to make these skillet keto garlic butter rosemary rolls. Exact measurements and instructions are in the printable recipe card, just a little bit further below. First, I have some photos showing you how I made them, each step of the process. Don’t forget to pin this to your keto side dish ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it later!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Net Carbs: 4 net carbs per serving
Mozzarella cheese shredded
Fresh chopped rosemary
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese in a bowl that is microwave safe. Heat for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
3. Put the cheese into a mixing bowl, and add the egg, almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, rosemary and salt. Blend until a dough has formed.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
5. Form the dough into 8 evenly sized rolls, and place into the heated skillet.
6. Immediately place into the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
7. Melt the remaining butter, and mix with the minced garlic.
8.Brush the butter garlic mixture on the warm rolls before serving.
Keto Skillet Garlic Butter Rosemary Rolls
There is nothing quite like these buttery rosemary rolls. They are fantastically low in carbs too – each roll only has 4g net carbs.Course Side Dish Keyword rosemary rolls Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 40 minutes Servings 8 people Calories 265 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 4 tbsp Butter divided
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese in a bowl that is microwave-safe. Heat for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
- Put the cheese into a mixing bowl, and add the egg, almond flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, rosemary and salt. Blend until a dough has formed.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Form the dough into 8 evenly sized rolls, and place into the heated skillet.
- Immediately place into the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Melt the remaining butter, and mix with the minced garlic.
- Brush the butter garlic mixture on the warm rolls before serving.
Calories: 265 1 Roll
Net Carbs: 4 Net Carbs Per Serving
The nutritional information for this recipe is calculated as a courtesy and is an approximate only. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information on this recipe.