Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Course: Main Course
- 2-3 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion medium
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. jalepano or as per taste
- ¾ cup carrots or 1 large
- 2 capsicums 1 red and 1 green
- 1 can tomato puree 1 can is approx 400gms
- 2 cans black beans 1 can is approx 400gm
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. paprika powder
- 1 tbsp. Mexican seasoning or curry powder
- ½ Avocado optional for garnish
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion garlic jalepano, and cook until onions are dark brown.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 mins.
- Add red and green bell peppers , along with seasoning and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes
- Now, add tomato paste and cook for 10 mins.
- Add 3 cups of hot water along with canned beans and allow it come to boil
- Stir in between and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Adjust water and seasoning as per taste,add lime juice at the end.
- Serve hot.
If you do not have mexican season, just make one with mixing equal quantities of garlic powder,ginger powder and cumin. Curry powder also works well here.