This delightful, creamy soup is loaded with browned sausage and vegetables! Try this easy Cheesy Italian Sausage Soup for the ultimate low carb, keto-friendly comfort food!
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
- 2 pounds ground Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Heat a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the Italian sausage, breaking it up as you go. Grain off any grease.
- Add the garlic, peppers and onion. Saute 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add the drained fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth.
- Stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream. Reduce the heat to medium low and stir until the cream cheese is completely incorporated.
- Stir in the kale and allow the soup to simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in the parmesan just before serving
About 1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 392TOTAL FAT: 31gCHOLESTEROL: 84mgSODIUM: 1100mgCARBOHYDRATES: 11gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 8.4gFIBER: 2.6gSUGAR: 6.1gPROTEIN: 16.8g