Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time25 minutes
Total Time40 minutes
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp chopped capsicum
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Salt as needed
- 2 tbsp fresh cream optional
- 3 small tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- Boil enough water and add the pasta to this.1 cup penne pasta
- Add salt and few drops of oil.
- Let the pasta cook till aldente.
- Keep ¼ cup of the pasta drained starch water.
- Grind the tomato and garlic and keep this aside.3 small tomatoes,3 cloves garlic
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil and add the finely chopped garlic.
- When it turns light golden brown, add the chopped capsicum.4 tbsp chopped capsicum
- Cook for a minute, let this be crunchy.
- Add the tomato garlic puree to this.
- Now add in the red chili powder, garam masala and salt.½ tsp red chili powder,½ tsp garam masala
- I added 1 tsp of red chili powder and it turned out bit spicy.
- So, reduce it to ½ tsp.
- Add in the grated cheese, if you don’t have grated cheese, add 1-2 cheese slices.¼ cup grated cheese
- Let this cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook in a medium flame.
- Add in the fresh cream, if adding. You can add full cream milk too.2 tbsp fresh cream
- Now add the pasta reserved starch water.
- Mix well and add the cooked pasta.
- Cook for a minute and switch off the stove.
- Cheesy masala pasta is ready.
- Serve this hot.
1. Ensure the pasta is cooked properly before putting this into the sauce.
2. Never wash the pasta in cold water after draining, the sauce will not stick to it later.
3. You can add more cheese or more cream if you want a more version of the cheese pasta.