Prep time10 minutes
Cooking time3 minutes
Cooling Time2 minutes
Total time15 minutes
Our Keto BLT Chaffle with Avocado is a perfect addition to your breakfast collection – it is a “Chaffle Classic.” Join the Chaffle craze!
INGREDIENTS US CustomaryMetric
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon Almond flour (blanched)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
BLT with Avocado
- 3 strips Bacon (cooked)
- 1 piece Bibb lettuce
- 1 slice Tomato (fresh)
- ¼ Avocado (thinly sliced)
- Spray mini-waffle maker with cooking spray then preheat until ready.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the chaffle ingredients. You can also mix in a blender.
- Pour enough batter into the center of the waffle maker and spread to fill the edges. If you overfill the first one use less each time so you avoid spill over. Close the lid and allow to cook for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Remove the chaffle and allow to cool on a cooling rack – repeat the process for the second chaffle.
BLT with Avocado
- Add a piece of bibb lettuce, a tomato slice, and strips of bacon on a chaffle and top with the sliced avocado and second chaffle. (For a “Dagwood” repeat the process of lettuce, tomato, and bacon before topping with the avocado) If you prefer, a creamy guacamole instead of the avocado would be delicious.
- Plate and enjoy.
- Use freshly grated cheese (not bagged versions)
- Make sure your Chaffle maker is hot before starting
- Do not peak at the Chaffle while cooking – experiment with the timing until you get the perfect result – then stick with that time – for perfect Chaffles a timer is a good idea (we used our iPhone clock timer)
- Allow the Chaffle to cool on a cooling rack for a couple minutes – they will crisp up nicely
- They will freeze well and can be toasted or reheated in a non-stick fry pan
Serving-1sandwich | Calories-357.8kcal | Carbohydrates-6.7g | Protein-16g | Fat-30.4g | Saturated Fat-11.2g | Cholesterol-131.9mg | Sodium-441.4mg | Potassium-515.8mg | Fiber-3.1g | Sugar-1.6g | Calcium-275.6mg | Net Carbs-4g