This pasta is tossed with a silky smooth Alfredo sauce, tender chicken breast pieces and delicious broccoli. A luxurious one pan dinner!
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper combined
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets and stalk discarded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 500ml/2 cups heavy cream
- 120g/1 ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- a few gratings of nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1 lbs fettuccine or other pasta
- Set the water boiling in a large pot. Once it comes to a boil, add a pinch of salt and the pasta. Cook according to package instructions. In the last 3 minutes of the cooking time, add the broccoli florets.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil oil and cook the chicken until done over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes Remove from the pan to a separate plate.
- To the same pan add the butter, cream and Parmesan cheese and heat it slowly over low heat until the cheese is melted into the sauce. Taste and season with salt if needed, then add a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Drain the pasta with broccoli while reserving ½ cup of pasta water, and add to the Alfredo sauce, then bring the chicken back to the pan. Toss gently to coat the pasta, add a bit of the pasta water is the dish is too dry. Make sure to taste and add more salt to taste. Serve with additional grated Parmesan.
Calories: 832kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 1296mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1826IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 328mg | Iron: 2mg