Easy slow cooker sausage and peppers recipe, homemade with simple ingredient, lots of Italian herbs, marinara sauce. Great in pasta, sandwiches, wraps and hoagie rolls.
prep time:10 MINS
cook time:3 HRS
total time:3 HRS 10 MINS
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, About 8-10 sausages
- 1 Green pepper, Thinly sliced
- 1 Red pepper, Thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper, Thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, Large, Thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes, Optional
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp Parsley , Fresh, Roughly chopped
- Add the Sausage, peppers, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes (optional), marinara sauce in a slow cooker.
- Mix until combined.
- Cover and cook on High heat for 3-4 hours or or on Low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove sausages, cut them into thick slices and mix them back in the crockpot.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.
calories: 568kcal, carbohydrates: 11g, protein: 24g, fat: 48g, saturated fat: 17g, cholesterol: 115mg, sodium: 1538mg, potassium: 812mg, fiber: 3g, sugar: 6g, vitamin a: 1175IU, vitamin c: 89mg, calcium: 56mg, iron: 3mg