PREP TIME10 minutesCOOK TIME8 minutesTOTAL TIME18 minutes
- 1 lb steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8-10 White American Cheese Slices
- 20 OZ bag McCain Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. *
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the sliced steak to the skillet.
- Sprinkle in the garlic salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Allow the steak to fry until browned on all sides.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and set it aside.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of liquid from the skillet and discard the rest.
- Return the skillet to the stove and add the sliced vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables in the reserved liquid until the vegetables are cooked but the green pepper slices are still crisp.
- Remove the vegetables from the plate and set them aside.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add a layer of McCain’s Quick Cook Waffle Cut Fries
- Place 4 slices of the White American cheese on top and a layer of the steak and vegetables.
- Repeat the layers and top with the remaining cheese slices.
- Place the oven-safe skillet in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
* An oven-safe 9×9 dish can be used in place of an oven-safe skillet when layering the ingredients. Fry the steak and vegetables in the desired skillet before transferring to the oven-safe dish.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 683TOTAL FAT: 40gSATURATED FAT: 13gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 23gCHOLESTEROL: 165mgSODIUM: 1265mgCARBOHYDRATES: 45gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 34g