yield: 4 cook time: 12 MINUTES total time: 12 MINUTES
- 16 ounces small portobello mushrooms
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, cooked bacon and green onions in a small bowl, set aside.
- Wash mushrooms and remove the stems. I like to use a metal 1/2 teaspoon to hollow out a little more of the inside of the mushroom but that is optional.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat (375 degrees F) using a grill pan or grate add the mushrooms to the hot grill, close and cook for 10 minutes. After ten minutes check the mushrooms and cook in additional 2 minute increments until they are tender and the cheese has melted.
You can use a disposable foil pan, but I reccomend using a grill safe pan or grate with holes in it. This prevents the mushrooms from getting soggy and seal in the best flavor.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1/6 of recipe (4-6 mushrooms depending on size)
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 173TOTAL FAT: 15gCHOLESTEROL: 42mgSODIUM: 205mgCARBOHYDRATES: 3.5gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.5gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 6.5g