Keto Angel Food Cake
Keto friendly Angel Food cakes are a fluffy light cake made mostly from egg whites. This “Taste like Oreos” Angel Food is all of that plus it is layered with a creamy filling that will delight anyone taste buds. If you have never tried black cocoa, you will be quite pleased with the oreo taste it gives.
- 2 cups eggs whites room temp
- 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Oat Fiber
- 1/3 cup whey protein powder
- 2/3 cup black cocoa
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8- ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup Gentle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whip egg whites and frothy. Add cream of tartar and Gentle Sweet. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Add Vanilla Flavoring. Whip until egg whites mound in soft mounds that hold their shape.
- In a bowl, combine oat fiber, whey protein powder, black cocoa, Gentle Sweet, and baking powder.
- Carefully mix the dry ingredients into the egg whites until combined. The egg whites will deflate some due to the fat in the cocoa. Spoon batter into an Angel Food Cake Pan. Swirl a knife through the batter to eliminate air pockets. Place on the lowest oven rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and turn cake upside down to cool for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove cake from pan be running a sharp knife along the edges of the cake pan.
- Divide cake into thirds crosswise.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- Soften cream cheese. Whip cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add Gentle Sweet, vanilla, cream, and xanthan gum. Whip until fluffy and thick. Spread 1/2 of filling on bottom layer of cake.
- Place next cake layer on top of the filling. Spread remaining filling over cake. Top with last cake layer.
- Heat cream until almost boiling, pour over chocolate chips.
- Allow the mixture to set for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the angel food cake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Serves 12.