This Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet is a great low-carb one-skillet dinner. It’s packed with healthy vegetables, delicious smoked sausage, and a bit of cheesy goodness.
This Keto Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet recipe is sponsored by Kiolbassa Smoked Meats, thank you for supporting the brands that make delicious Cast Iron Keto recipes EPIC.
In the mood for something easy and delicious? Who isn’t? Well look no further, this Keto Cheesy Cabbage Sausage Skillet is a breeze to make! It’s so tasty and best of all even easier to clean up. Personally, this is my perfect keto meal. That’s because it has tons of veggies, a little bit of cheese, and high-quality Kiolbassa sausages.
The sausage really is the star of the dish and I could have just done a recipe for polish smoked sausage with peppers and onions. However, with the big winter storm that just passed through and dumped a foot or so of snow, which is a huge deal in the South, we’ve been snowed in and watching a lot of Chopped re-runs so I wanted to elevate the dish and make something special.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 13-oz package Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausage
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 small head cabbage cored and chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Heat the butter over medium high heat in a 10.5″ or larger cast iron skillet. Once hot add in the sliced sausage and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Add in the onion, garlic, pepper, and cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the tomatoes and top with cheese. Transfer to oven for 10 minutes or just until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsKeto Cheesy Cabbage Sausage SkilletAmount Per ServingCalories 377Calories from Fat 258% Daily Value*Fat 28.7g44%Carbohydrates 9g3%Fiber 2.3g10%Protein 21.7g43%*