Philly cheesesteak flatbread puts a new twist on the venerated Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Instead of the bun style roll, I use flatbread.PREP TIME30 minutesCOOK TIME8 minutesTOTAL TIME38 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tbsp
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 precooked flatbreads
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen Philly cheesesteak meat, such as Gary’s Quick Steak
- 1 bell pepper, cored and thinly slice
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cup pizzaria blend shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil and garlic in a small microwave container.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then let oil sit while your prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat remaining tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute until veggies are soft and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium high and add frozen steak to pan.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip meat over and start to break up with a spoon.
- Once meat is cooked through, remove from pan.
- Brush crusts with garlic oil.
- Evenly divide steak between the flatbreads.
- Evenly divide pepper and onion between the flatbreads.
- Top each flatbread with 3/4 cup of the the shredded cheese and 1 tbsp each of the parmesan cheese.
- Bake flatbreads directly on the oven rack in preheated oven for about 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Sprinkle with pizza or Italian seasoning and parsley.
- Slice and serve.
My favorite flatbread is from Trader Joe’s. You can also use 2 12 inch pre-cooked pizza crusts for this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 574TOTAL FAT: 32gSATURATED FAT: 13gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 15gCHOLESTEROL: 108mgSODIUM: 931mgCARBOHYDRATES: 35gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 36g