Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
- ▢1 ½ cup / 150g almond flour or ground almonds
- ▢½ cup / 120g mashed banana 2 small or 1 large, very ripe
- ▢3 eggs large
- ▢2 tbsp butter, melted
- ▢¼ cup / 50g granulated erythritol (So Nourished)
- ▢2 tsp cinnamon
- ▢1 tsp baking powder
- ▢¼ cup / 30g walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the ove to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs together with the mashed banana and melted butter until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients – almond flour, erythritol or sweetener of choice, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to the bowl with the egg/banana/butter mix and blend until well-combined.
- Last, stir in the crushed walnuts, reserving some to sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- Line a small (7 x 3.5 inch / 1 lb) loaf tin with parchment paper and fill in the dough. Sprinkle the leftover walnuts on the top.
- Bake for circa 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Check the cake at minute 30. If the top is already brown enough, loosely place aluminium foil over it so it does not burn.
- Let the banana bread cool completely before slicing
4.4g net carbs per slice.
The walnuts are optional. You can use any other nuts in this recipe or even replace them with sugar free chocolate chips.
A pinch of nutmeg would also work well.
If you only have a regular size 9 x 5 inch loaf tin, you can double the recipe. In this case, increase the baking time to about 55-60 minutes.
One slice of keto banana bread weighs circa 60 grams.
Calories: 205kcalTotal Carbohydrates: 6.4gProtein: 8gFat: 17.2gSaturated Fat: 3.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1.8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2.7g