Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 158 kcal
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts toasted and husked**
- 2 to 3 tbsp melted coconut oil can sub avocado oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor or high powered blender, grind hazelnuts until finely ground and beginning to clump together.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and continue to grind until nuts smooth out into a butter. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined. If the mixture is very thick, add an additional tablespoon oil.
** To toast and husk hazelnuts, simply spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Then rub the hazelnuts with your fingers (after they cool a bit!) to take of most of the husk. Some of it will not come off and that’s okay, just grind it all up. If you live near Trader Joe’s, consider purchasing their already roasted hazelnuts…makes your life even that much easier!